Police debunk fake memo, confirming the viral document on VIP officer withdrawal is false while reaffirming a phased, official process
The Nigeria Police Force on Friday in Abuja dismissed a document circulating on social media claiming that officers attached to several prominent individuals had been ordered to report immediately to the 50 Police Mobile Force Squadron.The Force said the viral memo was fabricated and designed to mislead the public.
Also read: Lagos police arrest 26 in major counterfeit currency bust
Force Public Relations Officer Chief Superintendent of Police Benjamin Hundeyin issued the clarification in a statement released through the official NPF X handle.
Hundeyin said the memo, which bore the name of one CSP Suleiman Abdullahi as the alleged Admin Officer of the squadron, was false.
He added that no officer by that name is posted to the 50 PMF Squadron and that the role of Admin Officer in any PMF unit is not held by an officer of CSP rank.
The fake document listed several VIPs, including Atiku Abubakar, Namadi Sambo, Nyesom Wike, Aisha Buhari, Justice Kudirat Olatokunbo Kekere-Ekun, HRM Ogiame Atuwatse III, Ngozi Iweala, Senator Ahmed Lawal, Senator Tanko Almakura, Dr Ramatu Tijjani, Hon Yusuf Gagdi and Hon Ibrahim Massari, among others.
Hundeyin said the circulation of the memo appeared to be a deliberate attempt to sow confusion, particularly as the implementation of the Presidential Directive on the withdrawal of police officers from VIP duties has begun.
He stressed that the legitimate process is unfolding in a structured, phased and professional manner to prevent any security vacuum that could be exploited by criminal groups.
The spokesperson said the Nigeria Police Force remains focused on maintaining law and order throughout the transition and that public safety is not at risk.
He emphasised the Force’s commitment to transparency, accountability and the protection of lives and property nationwide.
Also read: State police urgently needed to curb Nigeria insecurity
The Nigeria Police urged citizens to rely only on authorised communication channels for accurate information and to avoid sharing unverified documents capable of eroding public trust.



















