• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News Crime

‘Beating the drums of war’ Civil War has just started, we will defend our land, IPOB declares

Freelanews by Freelanews
February 20, 2021
in Crime
0 0
0
100179810 ipob 2
thenacre-campaign

The Nigerian government has been condemned by the Indigenous People of Biafra for recently launching air and land attacks on Orlu community in search of Eastern Security Network operatives.

IPOB described the attacks in the South-East on Thursday as a declaration of war on innocent citizens.

The media and publicity secretary of IPOB, Emma Powerful, said this in a press statement made available on Friday.

It had been reported attacks by the military on Orlu communities in Imo State, which has worsened the already built-up tension in the areas.

Freelanews learnt that the attacks were connected with the military’s resolve to dislodge the Eastern Security Network operatives said to have strongholds in the forests.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

The ESN operatives in January had a bloody clash with the Nigerian Army from Obinze barracks, where four soldiers were reportedly killed.

“Nigerian soldiers are currently conducting aerial strikes in our areas. Many innocent lives may be lost. They are probably looking for ESN operatives who are checking the activities of killer Fulani herdsmen,” a community head told reporters.

“People’s homes and market places may be affected. We don’t need aircraft in Orlu. They should go and find the stolen school pupils in Niger State,” another resident said.

Reacting to the distressing incident, IPOB spokesman said, “We the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) ably led by our great leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, wish to bring to the attention of the whole world, that the Nigeria military has, at last, brought war to Biafra land.

“Supported by other security agencies, including police and the Department of State Services, DSS, they came with military jets, tanks, and heavy war equipment against us. Yes, the second Nigeria/Biafra war has begun! The war began on Thursday, February 18, 2021.

“The wicked Nigeria military has simultaneously launched both land and air attacks on us. After the genocidal war of 1967-1970 in which they killed over 5 million innocent Biafrans, they have come again to bomb the Biafrans under the pretext that they are hunting the gallant personnel of Eastern Security Network (ESN) guarding our forests against killer herdsmen and terrorists on a rampage in our land.”

He also recounted the sad ordeal of how some innocent people were assaulted and arrested by the military men, alleging that they were harbouring ESN and IPOB men.

“Days before the raid, they first abducted harbour synagogue priest, Mazi Egole, and his household, branding them IPOB members. Then on February 16, they abducted Mrs Ngozi Umeadi, who they learnt took care of those injured (persons) during the #EndSARS protest. Not done yet, they took Dr. Stephen Irochi of Multicare Hospital and some injured #EndSARS protesters from Obigbo receiving treatment at the hospital.

“With this, the oppressive government of the dead President Muhammadu Buhari now run by the Fulani cabal has confirmed that it is the chief sponsor of terrorism and banditry going on in our land. The satanic government which could not defend Biafrans against incessant unprovoked attacks against indigenous Nigerians has now mobilised its land and airforce against ESN patriotically and voluntarily doing the job that Nigeria security forces wickedly refused to do. The crime of ESN is defending locals against Fulani herdsmen.

“Orlu and its environs are now a theatre of war declared by the wicked Nigerian government against innocent Biafrans. Scores of innocent civilians have already fallen casualty! Orlu and its neighbouring Orsu LGAs have been under heavy bombardment by the Nigeria Airforce since yesterday, February 18, 2021.

The statement also accused the Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodinma, of conniving with the Nigerian government and the military to attack people in the region.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

“Regrettably, this genocidal war against Biafrans has the endorsement of the Supreme Court Administrator of Imo State, Hope Uzodinma, who the Fulani Janjaweed Government is using in its futile desperation to actualise its Fulanisation agenda. But he, his likes, and their slavemasters will pay heavily for this!

adron lemon friday

“The world must hold Hope Uzodinma and the Buhari-led Fulani-controlled federal government of Nigeria responsible for the ongoing genocidal war in Orlu and Orsu. The same hypocritical Nigerian military which could not trace or locate heavily-armed bandits and Fulani terrorists in the forests of Zamfara and the other Northern states is now bombing ESN, a mere vigilante group. Miyetti Allah announced its nationwide security outfit and nobody bombed them till today.

“Amotekun was formed in the West and the tanks were not rolled out against them. But now that Biafrans have announced our own vigilante group – ESN to protect our people against terrorists kidnapping, raping, and slaughtering our people in our own ancestral land, all hell is let loose.

“But we promise disgrace to our enemies. They shall be shamefully defeated. The war has begun! We shall defend Biafra and we shall triumph! No inch of Biafra land will be taken by the invaders. We have vowed never to relinquish an inch of Biafra ancestral land to Fulani herdsmen from the Sahel. Their evil Fulanisation agenda shall perish with them. God of the Jews shall defend us against the enemies. This war will be different from the 1967 genocide!”

“We have no choice but to defend our ancestral land. We have complained enough, written petitions but the world turned a blind eye. The media refused to give us the audience. Nobody seems interested in our story but like the Jews, we must look unto our God and courageously fight back like heroes. In the end, Biafra will come,” the statement added.

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Also read

  • NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer
  • NDLEA arrests 80, clears 16 drug joints in Kano

Related Posts

Abia child theft syndicate
Crime

Police arrest FCTA Director, Joseph Eriki, for alleged fraud in Abuja

by Peculiar Adirika
August 1, 2025
2023 08 18 at 08 44 37 officer struck 18jpg WEBP Image 2000 %C3%97 1333 pixels Scaled 53
Crime

Drunk #BlackLivesMatter supporter mauls down police officer (Video)

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
August 18, 2023
Crime

‘$48,000 extorted!’ Kidnapped American woman regains freedom after one year

by Freelanews
July 14, 2020
US
Crime

Nigerian man faces 10-year US jail term over $2.7m fraud

by Oreoluwa Ojelabi
August 13, 2026
1a27fa12bace8cc0ae323c5ab06fa6fe79c19362 1
Crime

Man ‘Raped Four Women Because He Was Turned On By Their Fear’

by Freelanews
November 22, 2019

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
Oluremi

Oluremi Tinubu launches food bank programme in Ogun

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
Oluremi

Oluremi Tinubu launches food bank programme in Ogun

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Ogogo

    BREAKING: Nollywood actor Ogogo seriously ill with stage 4 cancer (VIDEO)

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kemta Ogboni house sealed amid Yayi dispute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Primate Ayodele warns Tinubu of 2027 defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
Oluremi

Oluremi Tinubu launches food bank programme in Ogun

August 19, 2026
Chris Oyakhilome

Chris Oyakhilome unveils Tsion electric vehicles

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.