• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home Opinion

‘O ye conspirators!’ Lesotho using 5G since 2018, yet to record coronavirus case

Freelanews by Freelanews
April 9, 2020
in Opinion
0 0
0
shutterstock 565886509
thenacre-campaign

With a population of around 2.3 million people, according to United Nations’ estimates, not so many individuals in the world today have heard or know a few things about Lesotho. Bordered on all sides by South Africa, it is one of only three countries on earth found within another country. San Marino and Vatican City – the two others – are located inside Italy.

But beyond its geography, rich history and limited popularity, Lesotho stands tall in several other areas of human endeavour – unknown to many interestingly.

For example, while the rest of the world including big countries on the African continent like Nigeria continue to debate, ‘spiritualise’ and in some cases demonise the concept of 5G – a super-fast Internet connection – developed to make human communication much easier, Lesotho has in fact gone on to embrace the new technology since August 2018. Launched by Vodacom Group, it was Africa’s first commercial 5G fixed wireless access network expected to deliver speed 35 times faster than the typical 4G connection and seven times more than top-end residential fibre optic services.

Describing the deployment of 5G in Lesotho as a sign of greater things to come, Vodacom’s Chief Executive Officer, Shameel Joosub, said it will change the way people and businesses interact in Africa and beyond.

“What we’ve accomplished in Lesotho is an example of what can be achieved in Africa, should the requisite spectrum also be made available.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

“Global technological advancements are evolving at a rapid pace and Africa can’t afford to be left behind, particularly when we look at some of the potential use cases for 5G to support critical sectors of our society such as healthcare and education,” he said.

But in Nigeria where there has been 276 reported cases of Coronavirus and six recorded deaths, leading figures are beginning to spread a different type of theory, claiming that the pandemic was purely caused by 5G technology.

This is despite the fact that Lesotho, who had been using the technology for close to two years now, is one of two African countries yet to record a single case of Coronavirus.

Comoros is the other country yet to record any case on the continent where at least 52 nations have officially recorded infections and over 500 deaths seen from more than 11,000 confirmed cases.

Despite this glaring evidence, Nigerian preacher, Chris Oyakhilome, who is the founder and President of LoveWorld Incorporated widely known as Christ Embassy, has insisted that the creation of 5G technology and its deployment to parts of the world was responsible for the outbreak of Coronavirus.

According to him, the new technology was part of the new world order by the anti-Christ, who is bent on establishing a single religion, economy and government for the entire universe.

Oyakhilome went on to say that the Nigerian Government ordered the lockdown of Lagos and Abuja so that 5G can be deployed while people are trapped in their houses.

[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IxMExNaiOk[/embedyt]

He said, “5G is the reason the Federal Government has to lockdown Abuja and Lagos so it could be installed. And there are other cities planned for and as I said before, what killed people in Wuhan, China is not the virus, it was the 5G. If you say it is not, tell us how you discovered yours.”

While his postulation won some plaudits among his followers, Nigerians at the other end have not spared the revered preacher over his comments – they have rained hard knocks on him for linking 5G to Coronavirus.

According to Matthew Ashimolowo, founder of Kingsway International Christian Centre, linking 5G technology to Coronavirus and anti-Christ is “foolish theory.”

He said, “If Coronavirus is caused by 5G, why is it in his village that does not have a 5G?

“It has always been the nature of Christian leaders to plant fear in their members whenever there was going to be a major world occurrence.”

Ifedayo Olarinde widely known as Daddy Freeze also came for Pastor Oyakhilome over his comments.

Freeze said he was totally disappointed at the preacher over his postulations and analysis of the pandemic.

He said, “I am disappointed in Chris Oyakhilome. How can the Federal Government has secret 5G plan? What on earth is this? How can he get away with saying such things? The deaths in Wuhan were caused by 5G not Coronavirus?

“According to him, the Federal Government needed to lockdown Lagos and Abuja to install 5G? Really? Like the government needs anyone’s approval to install anything.

“As far as I’m concerned, this is rooted deeply in illusory correlation, attitude polarisation and belief perseverance, making teachings like these dangerous.

“How I wish I can ‘unhear’ this, I can’t believe I just wasted a part of the few daylight hours at my disposal listening to such.”

On April 7, the Nigerian Government through the National Orientation Agency described Oyakhilome’s claims as unfortunate.

adron lemon friday

Spokesperson for the agency, Paul Ogenyi, while reacting to Oyakhilome’s theory, said, “It is very unfortunate that in this sensitive time some of our religious leaders are beginning to behave like they are uninformed. The Vatican has issued a directive that there should be no gatherings. The same has happened in Saudi Arabia.

“Nigeria has witnessed deaths and many infections. So, I appeal to religious leaders to seek information if they are not sure of the facts.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

“I am actually surprised that Pastor Oyakhilome is making this statement despite repeated clarifications by the Nigerian Communications Commission that 5G has nothing to do with Coronavirus.

“Is he saying the lockdown in the United States and China is also because they want to lay 5G cables?

“If that is what he said, then he is not informed and needs to be educated.

“Nigeria needs to come together to fight this pandemic. It is real and we must fight it.

“If this kind of information continues to be disseminated, we will be the worse for it.”

South Korea has the highest number of cities with 5G availability, followed by China, United States and the United Kingdom, according to a report from network testing provider VIAVI.

The technology has been deployed in 378 cities across 34 countries as of January 2020.

Source: SR

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Also read

  • Man is created in the image of God for dominion fish, birds, seeds, plants and man
  • CEO branding as organisation’s touchstone and gemstone

Related Posts

jour1
Opinion

Journalists decry assault, unlawful arrest, detention by police in Ebonyi

by Quadri Olaitan
October 23, 2023
fayose 1
Opinion

‘Fayose remains an ingrate’ When Bode George opens an ex-Ekiti governor’s can of worms

by Freelanews
March 17, 2021
Abioye
Opinion

Abioye’s new beginning and the questions it provokes

by David Okere
March 5, 2026
quotes
Opinion

Booda Muyi, I remember you as always

by Freelanews
July 4, 2021
Olumo Rock closure controversy
Opinion

Olumo Rock in chains: Dapo Abiodun’s final act of betrayal to Ogun’s cultural legacy

by Peculiar Adirika
May 23, 2025

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
Oluremi

Oluremi Tinubu launches food bank programme in Ogun

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
Oluremi

Oluremi Tinubu launches food bank programme in Ogun

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Ogogo

    BREAKING: Nollywood actor Ogogo seriously ill with stage 4 cancer (VIDEO)

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kemta Ogboni house sealed amid Yayi dispute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Primate Ayodele warns Tinubu of 2027 defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
Oluremi

Oluremi Tinubu launches food bank programme in Ogun

August 19, 2026
Chris Oyakhilome

Chris Oyakhilome unveils Tsion electric vehicles

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.