• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News Crime

Abuja sex therapist, Cecilia Agu, remanded over N275mln internet scam

Freelanews by Freelanews
June 14, 2023
in Crime
0 0
0
godstv 27 jpg
thenacre-campaign

Abuja-based sex therapist/educator and founder of Bedroom Matters International, Cecilia May Agu, has been arraigned by the Nigeria Police before a Federal High Court, Lagos over an alleged N275 million internet scam.

Cecilia, 40, was brought before the court presided over by Justice Daniel Osiagor’s court on a five-count charge bordering on conspiracy, forgery, fraud, and obtaining by false pretence.

Recommended articles

  • IGP orders Dapo Abiodun, Yemi Sanusi, APC probe over vote buying, attempted murder (Screenshots)
  • Breaking News: Akpabio emerges new senate president
  • Buhari cancelled benefit to Abiola family despite GCFR recognition
  • Enugu: Man allegedly beats wife to death for not having male child
  • Emefiele may have sponsored Peter Obi’s election – Apapa’s faction fires labour party for tackling Tinubu

The Police Prosecutor, Samuel Eredia told the court that the defendant and others at large committed the offence on February 20, 2023 at No. 28b, Babatunde Ajose Street, off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State.

Eredia said that Cecilia defrauded one Babatunde Oyebode of the sum of N275 million by sending an electronic message and misrepresenting herself that she will help him to verify, validate and authenticate his Instagram page with Celebrities and other of his clients, which she did not do.

The prosecutor said the alleged offence committed contravened Sections 27 (a) and (b), 13 and 14 (1), (2) and (3) of the Cybercrime (Prohibition Prevention) Acts, 2015, and Sections 1(a) (b) (2) and Section 11 (1) and (2) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Acts 2006.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

However, she pleaded not guilty to the charge against her.

Following her plea of not guilty the prosecutor urged the court to remand Cecilia in a Correctional Centre.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

But the defendant’s counsel, Elvis E. Asia told the Court that he would be praying the court for bail.

Asia told the Court that he was not aware that his client was going to be arraigned Wednesday, as he only got the information same morning.

Asia further stated that his client had been detained by the Police for more than a month, and that Justice Abimbola Awogboro had earlier ordered her release following a fundamental human rights application filed before the court, but the police disregard the order.

adron lemon friday

He said Cecilia was arrested on May 5, and after Justice Awogboro granted her bail, the Police have refused to release the mother of four.

Consequently, Justice Daniel Osiagor granted the defendant bail in the sum of N10 million with two sureties in like sum.

He said one of the sureties must be gainfully employed and produced an Identity Card with the National Identification Number.

The judge also ordered the defendant to deposit her international passport before the court and three recent passport photographs.

He held that the other surety must have a landed property produced an Identity card and National Identification Number.

The Judge consequently ordered the remanded of the defendant in the Correctional Centre, pending when she is able to perfect her bail conditions.

The case was adjourned till October 18, for trial.

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Related Posts

rape superJumbo
Crime

‘No Means No’ Life imprisonment gifted rapists in Akwa Ibom

by Freelanews
June 22, 2020
WhatsApp Image 2024 05 02 at 11.25.16
Crime

Military personnel to face court-martial over drone attack on Tundun Biri village

by Oreoluwa Ojelabi
May 2, 2024
2018 05 28 iss today fulani banner
Crime

‘We are scared’ Benue farmers cry out over Fulani herdsmen’s invasion, enslavement

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
December 18, 2020
Court
Crime

Ekiti Court remands Man for alleged burglary

by Victory Emmanuel
March 4, 2026
Some of the 24 armoured vehicles donated by the United States to the Nigerian military at the Nigerian Army 9th Brigade Parade Ground in Lagos, on January 7, 2016.
The U.S. government donated the vehicles to help fight Boko Haram, an extremist group whose six-year insurgency has killed over 17,000 people. / AFP / STEFAN HEUNIS        (Photo credit should read STEFAN HEUNIS/AFP/Getty Images)
Crime

Soldier goes on stabbing spree in Osun, kills two

by Freelanews
January 6, 2020

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • NDLEA

    NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ms Jorji: “Poco Lee tried to rape my girlfriend and i”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
Fadahunsi

Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.