• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News Crime

‘Murder’ Delta governor calls for investigation into lockdown killing, Keyamo kicks

Freelanews by Freelanews
April 2, 2020
in Crime
0 0
0
images
thenacre-campaign

Delta State Government has called for an investigation into the alleged killing of a 28 year old Joseph Pessu in Warri on Thursday.

The State Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Aniagwu in a statement in Asaba said government was worried about the report of an alleged killing of a 28-year old man in Warri by security agencies on regular patrol duty.

The victim, Joseph Pessu, was allegedly killed at the Ubeji community while attempting to escape from his Toyota Camry car after breaching a security checkpoint in the area.

The Commissioner said the state government has sent a delegation to the deceased family to condole with them over the loss of their son.

He stated that the military authorities have been contacted to carry out an investigation into what led to the killing of the deceased.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

He however called on the people to remain calm and not to take laws into their hands while the government conducts an investigation into the killing.

Mr Aniagwu thanked Deltans for their cooperation so far by remaining indoors and called for further cooperation with the State Government in the best interest of Deltans.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, has condemned the reported killing of a man in Warri by soldiers implanting the lockdown order by Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State.

Reacting to the incident, the minister in a statement, said: “I have received disturbing reports and images of the high-handedness and shooting of innocent citizens by men of the armed forces deployed to enforce the COVID-19 lockdown in my State, Delta State.

“Specifically, I have received reports of the killing of an innocent young man, Mr. Joseph Pessu in Warri.

adron lemon friday

“I unreservedly condemn this barbaric act by men of the armed forces who should exercise restraint when dealing with the civilian populace.

“I will be forwarding a petition to the relevant authorities to thoroughly investigate this murder and bring the officer(s) to book. In the interim, let us not take the laws into our hands, please.”

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Also read

  • 27-year-old suspect admits beheading woman in Adamawa hotel
  • NDLEA destroys N301bn illicit drugs in Lagos

Related Posts

13
Crime

Cartel murderers hunted down one by one by vigilante mum in real life taken

by Quadri Olaitan
June 13, 2023
Court
Crime

Court jails Ifeoma Bogamhe for loan fraud in Edo

by Quadri Olaitan
March 7, 2026
access bank faecal matter
Crime

Access Bank discharges untreated faecal matter into public drainage system

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
April 2, 2026
Ola Efcc
Crime

EFCC recovered N60bn in 100 days, says Olukoyede

by Quadri Olaitan
February 26, 2024
Ondo state
News

Ondo police arrest 27-year-old over alleged abuse of 15-year-old

by Peculiar Adirika
August 11, 2026

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

clinics

Health workers seek clinics in Nigerian markets

August 18, 2026
Natasha

Natasha Osawaru becomes Edo Assembly minority leader

August 18, 2026
suspect

27-year-old suspect admits beheading woman in Adamawa hotel

August 18, 2026
South Africa

Xenophobia: 83 Nigerians to return from South Africa amid fears

August 18, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
clinics

Health workers seek clinics in Nigerian markets

August 18, 2026
Natasha

Natasha Osawaru becomes Edo Assembly minority leader

August 18, 2026
suspect

27-year-old suspect admits beheading woman in Adamawa hotel

August 18, 2026
South Africa

Xenophobia: 83 Nigerians to return from South Africa amid fears

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Ogogo

    BREAKING: Nollywood actor Ogogo seriously ill with stage 4 cancer (VIDEO)

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Lagos to host All Nigeria Peace Summit 25 years after Cape Town

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke’s win issues stark warning APC is beatable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigerian vendor dies in China after shop collapse

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

clinics

Health workers seek clinics in Nigerian markets

August 18, 2026
Natasha

Natasha Osawaru becomes Edo Assembly minority leader

August 18, 2026
suspect

27-year-old suspect admits beheading woman in Adamawa hotel

August 18, 2026
South Africa

Xenophobia: 83 Nigerians to return from South Africa amid fears

August 18, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria inflation eases, food prices surge in July

August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.