• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Osogbo shooting: 60-year-old Man killed in clash

Police say Tajudeen Yusuf was shot dead after suspected hoodlums allegedly confronted Davido's security team near the Ataoja's palace.

Steve Adesemoye by Steve Adesemoye
August 20, 2026
in News, Politics
0 0
0
Osogbo shooting

Osogbo shooting: 60-year-old Man killed in clash

thenacre-campaign

The Osun State Police Command, led by Commissioner Bode Ojajuni, said Tajudeen Yusuf, a 60-year-old man, was shot dead in Osogbo, Osun State, following a confrontation involving suspected hoodlums and the security team of Nigerian singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido.

The incident occurred shortly after Davido accompanied Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, where the governor presented his certificate of return to the monarch after winning the August 15 governorship election.

Also read: Mourinho delivers blunt verdict on Barcelona wonderkid Yamal

According to the police account, the confrontation began when suspected hoodlums allegedly attempted to gain access to Davido.

The ensuing incident reportedly escalated into gunfire, with Yusuf caught in the violence.

The police said the suspects fled the scene after allegedly opening fire and that a full-scale investigation had commenced to establish the circumstances surrounding the shooting and identify those responsible.

The development has added to security concerns in Osun only days after the state’s governorship election, which was held on August 15 amid a substantial security presence.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

More than 15,000 security personnel had reportedly been deployed across the state for the election, with police saying the deployment was intended to protect voters and maintain public order.

The latest Osogbo shooting has also drawn attention because of the presence of Davido, whose visit came alongside Governor Adeleke’s post-election engagement with the traditional institution.

Police later identified Adebayo Taoreed, popularly known as “Small Rugged”, as a suspected figure involved in the confrontation.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

The command described him as an alleged notorious thug, an ex-convict and a member of the Eye Confraternity.

According to the police, Small Rugged allegedly attempted to approach Davido but was resisted by members of the singer’s security team.

The police account is now part of an ongoing investigation, and allegations surrounding individual responsibility have not been established by a court.

The incident is particularly troubling against the backdrop of recent political tensions in Osun.

Ahead of the August 15 election, authorities and political actors repeatedly raised concerns about violence and called for restraint.

Governor Adeleke had previously urged residents to reject threats and inflammatory rhetoric ahead of the election, while the police also warned political actors and residents against conduct capable of disrupting public peace.

The election itself was conducted under heavy security, with early voting in Osogbo reported to have taken place in a generally calm atmosphere.

adron lemon friday

The killing of Yusuf therefore presents a sobering contrast to the relatively calm atmosphere reported during voting, renewing questions about security in the aftermath of a closely watched political contest.

Police authorities have urged members of the public with relevant information about the shooting to assist investigators.

The command’s investigation is expected to determine how the confrontation unfolded, who fired the fatal shots and whether additional individuals were involved.

For Yusuf’s family and residents of Osogbo, the episode has transformed what began as a high-profile visit to a traditional palace into a tragic reminder of the human cost that can follow violent confrontations.

Also read: Mourinho delivers blunt verdict on Barcelona wonderkid Yamal

As the investigation continues, authorities face the delicate task of establishing the facts while preventing speculation from further inflaming tensions in the state.

Steve Adesemoye
Steve Adesemoye

Dr. Steven Adesemoye is a Senior Lecturer in Mass Communication at Lagos State University of Science and Technology (LASUSTECH) and a contributor to Freelanews.com, writing on media, communication, education, and public affairs.

Also read

  • Oyedele rejects calls for details of Nigeria’s $5bn loan
  • Mourinho delivers blunt verdict on Barcelona wonderkid Yamal

Related Posts

2023 05 15 at 22 02 30 Godwin Emefiele jpgwebp WEBP Image 780 %C3%97 500
Crime

Emefiele sings, implicates traditional rulers, army generals, judges in naira redesign scandal

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
June 21, 2023
5f96a775a0142 2
General

‘Not F**king Around Coalition’ All black group stage protests heavily armed as they demand justice for Black men killed by police in US (Photos)

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
October 26, 2020
fraud
Crime

₦460.7m fraud trial hits fresh setback over defendant Austin Ugochukwu absence

by Quadri Olaitan
July 24, 2026
General

‘Wickedness’ Some Nigerians are merciless towards Nigeria – Buhari

by Freelanews
May 7, 2021
Mudasiru Obasa 1
General

‘Legislature should be free’ Lagos Assembly ask National Assembly to criminalize Executive interference on Legislature

by Freelanews
May 28, 2021

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Oyedele

Oyedele rejects calls for details of Nigeria’s $5bn loan

August 20, 2026
Osogbo shooting

Osogbo shooting: 60-year-old Man killed in clash

August 20, 2026
yamal

Mourinho delivers blunt verdict on Barcelona wonderkid Yamal

August 20, 2026
Blaqbonez

Blaqbonez breaks silence on bitter Odumodublvck feud

August 20, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Oyedele

Oyedele rejects calls for details of Nigeria’s $5bn loan

August 20, 2026
Osogbo shooting

Osogbo shooting: 60-year-old Man killed in clash

August 20, 2026
yamal

Mourinho delivers blunt verdict on Barcelona wonderkid Yamal

August 20, 2026
Blaqbonez

Blaqbonez breaks silence on bitter Odumodublvck feud

August 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Fadahunsi

    Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ms Jorji: “Poco Lee tried to rape my girlfriend and i”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Canada probe exposes alleged fake Nigerian doctor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fayose challenges Davido over ₦40bn Osun spending claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Oyedele

Oyedele rejects calls for details of Nigeria’s $5bn loan

August 20, 2026
Osogbo shooting

Osogbo shooting: 60-year-old Man killed in clash

August 20, 2026
yamal

Mourinho delivers blunt verdict on Barcelona wonderkid Yamal

August 20, 2026
Blaqbonez

Blaqbonez breaks silence on bitter Odumodublvck feud

August 20, 2026
Owumi

Owumi: Jos pre-season clash can transform NPFL’s CAF campaign

August 20, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.