• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

Stay away from us, NATFORCE warns security agencies

Freelanews by Freelanews
June 24, 2020
in General
0 0
0
Chief Osita Emmanuel Okereke
thenacre-campaign
The Director General National Task Force to combat illegal importation/Smuggling of Arms, Ammunition, Light Weapon, (NATFORCE) Chief Osita Okereke has called on all security agencies to stay away from members of the NATFORCE, while performing their duties.
Okereke who made this known in a press briefing yesterday in Abuja, that he was surprise that the Inspector General of Police ordered his men to arrest any member of NATFORCE.
According to him, his men were recently arrested in Sokoto, Akwa Ibom, Jigawa, Delta and Taraba states, that he totally disagreed with the order, because NATFORCE officials are citizens of Nigeria who volunteered to do the job the police could not do.
“We have been doing it for a long time, if I get angry with all my boys even in Abuja nobody will go about on the street. It is painful because I am a Nigerian and this is happening in Nigeria. My task is to initiate peace in the country, let there be peace in every community of Nigeria.
“That is why I sponsored bill in the national assembly, I don’t sponsor bill to favor myself, but to favor every families in Nigeria. I don’t know every family in Nigeria, and I can’t know them all.

But today the police see that the bills will be a success. The hoodlums, criminals and gun runners went and meet the police and contributed money, gave to the police to enable them intimidate us.
“The group of people we defeated in the court, the federal high court quashed their case claiming that we had been disbanded, and nobody appeal the case, and the police then was part of the case partnering with us with a sworn affidavit presented to the court by the police, that they the police are working with us as partners,” he said.
Okereke said that despite the court judgement, he was surprised to hear that NATFORCE was disbanded, that the police do not have any power to disband the national task force.
“The national task force is an independent body, and we are not working under the police, we only partner with the police. The letter I wrote to them was for us to synergize, because we do not have guns, but what we have they do not have it.
“I called you today to let Nigerians know that what the police are doing today will destroy Nigeria, and to let you know that insecurity in Nigeria is been caused by the police because they are not doing what they are surpassed to do.
“Everyday people complain that Buhari is not working, but since democracy in Nigeria its only Buhari that had promoted the officers more than two times, paid all their allowances and increased the salary of the police for them to be effective, but we are still fighting insecurity today,” he said.
The NATFORCE boss said they have decided not to work with the police or give them any cases again, that they are warning the police not to go near any of their offices in Nigeria, because they are already in court, that if they do it will result to a contempt of court. 
“The people I defeated in court, when they appealed the case they lost and I went to the Supreme Court. In February this year we arrested some men with explosives in Ibadan, the men promised to give my boys N5 million to allow them have their ways, but my boys refused and handed them over to the police, only for the police to release the men on bail telling us that they are investigating the case.
“I have made up my mind to petition the president and tell him about the activities of the Nigerian Police. We cannot continue to die in silence for the police to arrest my boy, because they are nobody or what? Those that were arrested in Akwa Ibom are still in the cell since Friday, we request that they should be charged to court if you have evidence of their arrest.
“We have handed over 30 cases to the police in Taraba State, including a case of a kidnapper who gave evidence and names of his sponsors, but today the cases are not giving any treatment we were only told that the suspects are in Bauchi and Gombe without any outcome of those cases, we also handed over to the police (SMG) Sub Machine Guns, AK 47 in Taraba State with no results from these cases,” he stressed.
freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

adron lemon friday
Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1
Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Also read

  • MFM choir returns home after winning World Choir Games title
  • Dear Kaffy set for landmark London premiere

Related Posts

WhatsApp Image 2022 01 07 at 2.08.37 PM scaled
General

‘Capitol riot speech’ Biden implores US to safeguard democracy

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
January 7, 2022
Hoodlums raze residence of Imo Assembly candidate
General

Hoodlums raze residence of Imo Assembly candidate

by Oreoluwa Ojelabi
March 8, 2023
220px Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman Al Saud 2017
General

Saudi Arabia records first coronavirus case

by Freelanews
March 2, 2020
2023 05 03 at 08 59 25 b681c5bbaef146b9aa4cdcb70dae6bb0 mdjpg WEBP Image 728 %C3%97 546
General

It’s over between Kevin Costner, wife after 18years together

by Freelanews
May 3, 2023
godstv 20
General

Femi Davies: When not to honour DSS invitation

by Freelanews
August 10, 2023

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • NDLEA

    NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ms Jorji: “Poco Lee tried to rape my girlfriend and i”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
Fadahunsi

Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.