• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

‘Were still at the base’ Taskforce detaches self from involvement in Lagos driver’s death

Rtn. Victor Ojelabi by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
February 17, 2022
in General
0 0
0
Lagos State Task Force scaled
thenacre-campaign
Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1
adron lemon friday

The Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences Enforcement Unit (Taskforce) has distanced itself from the setting ablaze of a commercial bus driver whose vehicle was allegedly impounded.

A statement signed by the agency’s spokesperson, Abdulraheem Gbadeyan, stated that “the Taskforce officials had no hand in the enforcement for compliance that led to a commercial-bus driver setting himself ablaze to resist his vehicle from being impounded by yet-to-identified security agents.”

The Chairman of the Agency, CSP Shola Jejeloye, in his reaction to a report on the incident said that at the time of the incident, his men were still at the base.

“The accusations are utterly inaccurate and misleading as investigations and the eyewitness accounts of persons who were present at the scene of the incident had categorically revealed that the driver, one Mr Ayo, aka ‘Eru’, poured petrol on himself to scare the security operatives from enforcing the traffic law which he violated.

“After the operatives had left, luck ran out on him and some of the hoodlums present mistook him for one of the security operatives and set him ablaze,” he said.

The chairman stated that the act of setting self ablaze, robbing self with faeces, chasing law enforcement officers with urine and other crazy acts are now the new waves of resisting arrest by recalcitrant motorists who had developed the habit and passion for violating the State Traffic and Enviromental laws.

He, however, said that if they were bold enough to be serial law breakers, they should be courageous enough to face the consequences of their illegal actions rather than constituting nuisance on Lagos roads.

Jejeloye also stated that one Festus Ugbesia from Mafoluku in Oshodi area who claimed to be the owner of the bus drove the victim from the scene of the incident down to the agency’s headquarters.

Jejeloye also alleged that Ugbesia incited the members of the public against the agency, that the officials of the Taskforce had been fingered for setting the victim ablaze.

He said, “It later dawned on him that the personnel of the Taskforce had no hand in it when he discoverded that our men and officials were still on the parade ground preparing for the task of the day while the transport department of the agency was still sourcing petrol for their operational vehicles at the agency’s headquarters.”

Jejeloye stated that the officials of the Taskforce assisted the victim to quickly get medical attention at the Lagos State Teaching Hospital as part of the agency’s patriotic act and corporate social responsibility.

“Let me emphasise here that for us as an agency of government, we believe that it is better for us to allow an offender to go unharmed than to cause an injury.

“The officials of the agency are being led by Senior Police Officers who are well trained and exposed. We are civilised, educated and professional to have allowed such an incident to happen during any of the enforcement operations,” he stated.

The chairman admonished all recalcitrant offenders and advised them to know that traffic offence is not a criminal offence.

He advised offenders to always keep faith with the country’s judicial system and summon courage to submit self for prosecution at the Court for any offence committed.

otunba victor profile picture scaled
Rtn. Victor Ojelabi

Ojelabi, the publisher of Freelanews, is an award winning and professionally trained mass communicator and a recipient of the D9112 Superstar Icon Award, who writes ruthlessly about pop culture, religion, politics and entertainment.

Also read

  • APC moves to fill 11 legislative seats across five states
  • Gumi says public money can support marriages under shariah

Related Posts

WhatsApp Image 2020 11 20 at 04.59.12
General

‘Radical Islam’ President Of France gives Muslim leaders 15-day ultimatum to accept Republican values

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
November 20, 2020
freelanews kunle poly
General

‘Bows to MC Oluomo’ Kunle Poly joins Lagos State motor parks, garages management (Video)

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
July 11, 2022
WhatsApp Image 2024 12 22 at 5.20.30 PM 1 scaled
General

Nigerian police complete ammunition handling training with support from HALO Trust

by Freelanews
December 22, 2024
Obidiz
General

“Na song I sing I no kill person,” Singer, Obidiz reacts to Mercy Chinwo’s N2bn lawsuit threat

by Quadri Olaitan
April 4, 2023
Goodluck Jonathan 2014
General

‘Away in Mali’ Buhari names railway station after Goodluck Jonathan

by Freelanews
July 18, 2020

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • NDLEA

    NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ms Jorji: “Poco Lee tried to rape my girlfriend and i”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
Fadahunsi

Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.