• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

‘World Bank-funded project’ Makinde never interfered with process-Commissioner

Freelanews by Freelanews
February 16, 2021
in General
0 0
0
Seyi Makinde 1
thenacre-campaign

PRESS RELEASE

…says media reports on project fictitious, unfounded

Oyo State’s Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Akinola Ojo, has declared that Governor Seyi Makinde has never interfered with the contract award process of the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUMFP), contrary to reports in a section of the media.

The commissioner said that contrary to the said media report, the state government has been following due process in the award of the World Bank-sponsored IUMFP.

The commissioner, who also oversees the project, stated that Governor Makinde is a man with eyes for details, who will always insist on due process and value for money in all instances.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

“It is an obvious concoction, an unfounded lie, and a news story aimed at tarnishing the image of the amiable governor and raising undue dust about a state that is diligently delivering on the mandate of IUMFP,” Ojo said.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

He also stated that the state government and the World Bank were not at loggerheads over the project, adding that due process is strictly being followed.

Ojo, who spoke to newsmen in Ibadan, said that it was unfortunate that some media houses misrepresented facts and figures in an attempt to drag the project into unnecessary controversy.

“Everything published especially by Sahara Reporters on the IUMFP project amounts to lies. The process is still ongoing, and I assure you that when the process is completed, the state will be vindicated,” he said.

He also debunked insinuations that the lowest bidder was not being considered for the contract, saying that the lowest bidder is not a guarantee of value for money and capacity to deliver on terms.

“That someone is the lowest bidder doesn’t guarantee value for money. What we need is good quality work that will enhance the service delivery of IUMFP,” he said.

Some news channels including Sahara Reporters had last week alleged that some untoward activities were threatening to stall the implementation of the $200m World Bank-sponsored Ibadan Urban Flood Management project.

A non-governmental Organisation, the Ibadan Ko’ya anti-corruption coalition, had also in a statement published by the same outfits raised the alarm that the state was at the verge of losing the $200million World Bank-sponsored project as a result of what it called underhand dealings.

But the Oyo State Commissioner for Finance said on Monday that the claims contained in the media reports were unfounded and amounted to raising undue alarm, adding that the state and the World Bank are on the same page in the implementation of the project.

“The IUFMP management had independently appointed qualified assessors to review the bids for the Second Pool of works, with the contractors being assessed and the state only approving the recommendations made by the assessment and thereafter sending them to the World Bank for No Objection.

“Contrary to the insinuations contained in the recent media reports about the World Bank-sponsored project under the IUMFP, there is no threat whatsoever, as the process is still ongoing.

“We are certain that when the process is completed, we will be vindicated,” Ojo said.

The Project Coordinator, IUFMP, Dayo Ayorinde said that the claims in the said report in its entirety was false and unfounded, adding that it negates the reality of the situation in the bidding process as well as process of engaging contractors for the Second Pool of works at the IUFMP.

He said: “To the best of our knowledge, there was NO QUERY to the State Government from the World Bank. The Bidding Process is on course; the two parties involved (the Oyo State Government and the World Bank) are positively engaging the Bid Evaluation Report (BER) through the PIU, and the process is within schedule.”

He added that “the slightest explanation that one could give to this unfortunate story is that it is the ploy of mischief makers, who probably because of certain misgivings, wanted to throw a spanner in the wheels of progress in Oyo State.”

Signed

adron lemon friday

Taiwo Adisa

Chief Press Secretary to Governor Seyi Makinde

February 16, 2021

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Also read

  • Makinde ends LAUTECH nurses’ strike with ₦35m intervention
  • We’ll Put Oyo Solid Minerals On Global Stage – Makinde

Related Posts

12 6
General

Agbakoba seeks INEC chairman removal, hails Emefiele, Bawa suspension

by Quadri Olaitan
June 16, 2023
quotes 19
General

‘Woke?’ Constituents allegedly drag ‘gluttonous’ lawmaker over 3rd term bid (Video)

by Freelanews
April 21, 2022
Abba Kabir Yusuf 1 1 jpg
General

Kano state bans movies promoting crossdressing, thuggery

by Oreoluwa Ojelabi
April 4, 2024
LASOMP and COPUWA congratulates the newly elected NGIJ President Ayoyemi Mojoyinola
General

LASOMP, COPUWA congratulate Ayo Mojoyin as he becomes NGIJ president-elect

by Freelanews
July 29, 2020
Israeli strikes northern Gaza
General

Casualties mount as Israeli strikes target Northern Gaza

by Quadri Olaitan
November 21, 2024

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Ogogo

    BREAKING: Nollywood actor Ogogo seriously ill with stage 4 cancer (VIDEO)

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kemta Ogboni house sealed amid Yayi dispute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Primate Ayodele warns Tinubu of 2027 defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Canada probe exposes alleged fake Nigerian doctor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA arrests 80, clears 16 drug joints in Kano

August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.