• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

31 killed in Kaduna bombing as army admits mistaking villagers for terrorists

Reni by Reni
December 4, 2023
in General
0 0
0
images 1 1 jpeg
thenacre-campaign

Major VU Okoro, the General Officer Commanding of One Division of the Nigerian Army, confirmed that the Nigerian Army mistakenly killed villagers from the Tudun Biri community in the Igabi local government area of Kaduna State on Sunday while on a routine mission against terrorists.

More than thirty relatives of the affected community, lost their lives in the military’s attack.

The Nigeria Airforce (NAF) through a press statement by Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, Director of Public Relations and Information, had earlier dismissed the news, saying,

“The news making the rounds alleging that Nigerian Air Force (NAF) aircraft accidentally killed innocent civilians in Kaduna is false”.

However, receiving briefings on the killings, Kaduna State government said it was informed by the GOC at a security meeting that the killings was unintended.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

A statement today by the Overseeing Commissioner, Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Kaduna State, Samuel Aruwan said, “The General Officer Commanding One Division Nigerian Army, Major VU Okoro explained that the Nigerian Army was on a routine mission against terrorists but inadvertently affected members of the community.

“The Kaduna State Government has received briefings on Sunday night’s attack which left several citizens dead and others injured.

“In a meeting presided over by the Deputy Governor, Dr Hadiza Sabuwa Balarabe, which had in attendance heads of security agencies, religious and traditional leaders, the Nigerian Army explained the circumstances which led to the unfortunate and unintended attack.

“The Deputy Governor at the end of the closed door meeting, conveyed the condolences of the Government and People of Kaduna State to the families that lost their loved ones, and prayed for the repose of the victims’ souls.

adron lemon friday

“As of the time of this update, search-and-rescue efforts are still ongoing, as dozens of injured victims have been evacuated to Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital by the Government.

“Heads of security agencies who attended the meeting include the Commissioner of Police, Mr Garba, and Director of the Department of State Services (DSS) Abdul Eneche.

Reni
Reni

Morenikeji Adedayo is a journalist and contributor to Freelanews.com, covering news, business, and public affairs.

Also read

  • Gumi says public money can support marriages under shariah
  • Sokoto Police rescue 10-year-old boy, arrest suspect

Related Posts

Korede Bello leaves Mavins Records
General

Korede Bello Explains Exit from Mavins Records

by Oreoluwa Ojelabi
September 5, 2024
world bank
General

‘For 52 months’ World Bank debars AIM consultant, Amin Moussalli over reported corrupt conducts

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
February 24, 2022
Hon. Ladi Adebutu and Gov. Dapo Abiodun
General

Appeal court restores Adebutu, PDP’s vote buying allegations against Abiodun, APC

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
August 16, 2023
Freelanews-
General

‘It could be overreaching’ Google opposes Facebook-backed proposal for self-regulatory body in India -sources

by Freelanews
August 11, 2022
WhatsApp Image 2021 01 15 at 10.25.56 AM
General

‘Uganda election’ Museveni in early lead with 65%, Bobi Wine trails with 27%

by Freelanews
January 15, 2021

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Ogogo

    BREAKING: Nollywood actor Ogogo seriously ill with stage 4 cancer (VIDEO)

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kemta Ogboni house sealed amid Yayi dispute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Primate Ayodele warns Tinubu of 2027 defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Canada probe exposes alleged fake Nigerian doctor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA arrests 80, clears 16 drug joints in Kano

August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.