• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment

Davido clarifies Osogbo palace gunfire incident

Quadri Olaitan by Quadri Olaitan
August 21, 2026
in Entertainment
0 0
0
Davido
thenacre-campaign

The singer says the confrontation near Ataoja’s palace had nothing to do with him or Governor Ademola Adeleke as officials confirm an attack on the governor’s convoy

Afrobeats star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has clarified that a confrontation and reported gunfire near the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji, on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, had no connection to him or his uncle, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke.

Also read: Fayose challenges Davido over ₦40bn Osun spending claim

Davido offered the clarification in a post on his official X account after reports emerged that suspected hoodlums had confronted Governor Adeleke’s convoy shortly after the governor visited the monarch’s palace.

“It was a fight outside the palace that had nothing to do with us! The pple love excellency!” Davido wrote.

The Davido Osogbo palace incident quickly attracted attention online, particularly because the confrontation occurred around the same time as the governor’s visit and on a significant day for Adeleke.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

According to reports from the scene, the confrontation escalated into an exchange of gunfire involving the suspected hoodlums and members of the governor’s security detail.

The shooting reportedly lasted between 12 and 15 minutes, sending traders, residents and other people around the palace area into panic before the suspected attackers fled.

The Osun State Government subsequently confirmed that Adeleke’s convoy had come under attack.

Osun State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Kolapo Alimi, described the attackers as hoodlums and said the governor’s security personnel successfully repelled the assault.

“They are hoodlums, and the governor’s security repelled them. They attacked the governor’s convoy at Ataoja’s palace. No casualty,” Alimi said.

The confirmation helped distinguish the reported security incident from the speculation surrounding Davido and his uncle, with the singer making clear that the confrontation was not directed at either of them.

The episode came on a particularly important day for Governor Adeleke, who had earlier received his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission following his victory in the August 15 governorship election.

Adeleke secured 511,067 votes to defeat the All Progressives Congress candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, who polled 444,815 votes.

The certificate formally affirmed Adeleke’s re-election and added political significance to his appearance in Osogbo that day.

The governor’s visit to the Ataoja’s palace was therefore part of a busy schedule following his electoral victory, while the reported confrontation occurred around the palace premises.

No casualty was reported by the state government in connection with the attack, although the reported gunfire caused considerable alarm among people in the surrounding area.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Davido’s intervention also reflected the speed with which incidents involving prominent public figures can generate competing narratives on social media.

By separating himself and Governor Adeleke from the confrontation, the singer sought to correct reports and speculation linking the incident to the pair.

The circumstances surrounding the confrontation, including what triggered the altercation and the identities and motives of those involved, remain subject to further investigation by security authorities.

adron lemon friday

For residents around the palace, however, the reported exchange of gunfire was an unsettling reminder of how quickly a public gathering can become a security concern.

Also read: Davido prefers to die than allow Wole Oke, others win elections in Osun

The incident ended without the casualties initially feared, but its proximity to the governor’s convoy and the palace of the traditional ruler has ensured that the Davido Osogbo palace incident remains a closely watched development in the state.

Quadri Olaitan
Quadri Olaitan

Quadri Olaitan is a journalist and contributor to Freelanews.com, covering news, public affairs, and human-interest stories.

Related Posts

Hollywood

BAFTAs: Leaders Grapple With Lack of Diversity in Noms

by Freelanews
January 30, 2020
Untitled 2 1
Events

ICYMI: Faces at Ogo Yoruba Awards 2019

by Freelanews
June 10, 2020
First Bank E1 Lagos Grand Prix
Events

First Bank E1 Lagos Grand Prix ignites waterfront glamour

by Quadri Olaitan
October 5, 2025
WhatsApp Image 2024 11 10 at 6.20.16 AM scaled
Events

Starting this Thursday, 25 plays, international showpieces headline maiden Lagos International Theatre Festival

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
November 10, 2024
Otunba Gbenga Daniel funeral protocol
Events

Otunba Gbenga Daniel named protocol officer for Pa Ayo Adebanjo’s funeral committee

by Quadri Olaitan
May 1, 2025

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

FAAN

FAAN denies ban on airport e-hailing taxis

August 21, 2026
Davido

Davido clarifies Osogbo palace gunfire incident

August 21, 2026
Osimhen

Osimhen earns top-10 striker ranking boost

August 21, 2026
World Bank

World Bank targets 32m Nigerians with new power plan

August 21, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
FAAN

FAAN denies ban on airport e-hailing taxis

August 21, 2026
Davido

Davido clarifies Osogbo palace gunfire incident

August 21, 2026
Osimhen

Osimhen earns top-10 striker ranking boost

August 21, 2026
World Bank

World Bank targets 32m Nigerians with new power plan

August 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Elumelu

    VIDEO: Elumelu reacts after lady casually calls him ‘Tony’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Osun Poll: Protesters storm INEC headquarters over election result

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • N90 fuel relief: Dangote refinery reshapes petrol prices

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Blue Lagos brings clean water hope to Epe community

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

FAAN

FAAN denies ban on airport e-hailing taxis

August 21, 2026
Davido

Davido clarifies Osogbo palace gunfire incident

August 21, 2026
Osimhen

Osimhen earns top-10 striker ranking boost

August 21, 2026
World Bank

World Bank targets 32m Nigerians with new power plan

August 21, 2026
medical

Nearly 400 Lagos residents receive free medical treatment

August 21, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.