• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

‘Expansions’ FG to completely shutdown 3rd mainland bridge for 72 hours from December 26

Rtn. Victor Ojelabi by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
December 23, 2020
in General
0 0
0
WhatsApp Image 2020 12 19 at 6.38.33 AM
thenacre-campaign
Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1
adron lemon friday

The Federal Ministry of Works has announced a 72-hour total closure of the Third Mainland Bridge to enable engineers working on the bridge cast concrete on the expansion joints.

The Federal Controller of Works Lagos, Mr Olukayode Popoola disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN). He said the shutdown of the bridge will take effect from midnight on December 25 to midnight on Monday, December 28.

The bridge will be reopened for use on Tuesday, December 28.

According to Popoola, the construction works had reached the stage for casting concrete on additional three expansion joints.

“There is going to be a total closure of Third Mainland Bridge in order to allow for the casting of three number expansion joints on the Island Bound lane

The effective date of the closure will be from 12:00 midnight of 25th of December. So people will be allowed to use the Third Mainland Bridge to celebrate Christmas.

By the time the Christmas is winding down which is 12:00 midnight, we are going to close it so that we will be able to cast the concrete on Saturday the 26th and 27th we cast again.

And we need about 72 hours for this concrete to set. Therefore, the opening will be on the 28th December midnight, that is 72-hour closure.

This is to prevent vibration of the bridge. If we allow vehicles to be moving on one lane, there is going to be vibrations and the concrete will not set properly” he said.

The controller said that all the alternative routes were in good condition and traffic regulatory agencies had been deployed to effectively divert and manage traffic to avert gridlock. He appealed to road users to cooperate with traffic regulatory agencies.

He also announced that there will be a 48-hour partial closure of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway from Dec. 28 to Dec. 29 to complete some work on a flyover bridge on the project. According to him, the contractor, Messers Julius Berger, will use the time of the closure to install cross beams at Kilometre 16, that is, around MFM.

“That area will be cordoned off, there will be closure within that section from 12:00 pm on 28th of December and it will be opened to traffic by 5:00 am the following day.

200 meters to get to that particular location we have diversion and another diversion 200 meters away from that place.

One lane will be opened to traffic, it is only one lane we are closing to traffic at a time. The first lane that we are going to close is outward Lagos, that is the Ibadan bound carriageway, we will close it on the 28th.

And then the second day which is 29th, we are moving to the other lane which in inward Lagos. The same 12:00 pm to 5:00 am,” Popoola said.

He appealed for patience and understanding of road users saying that the construction was part of the progress that the Federal Government had achieved on the project.

The Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos, which is going through a series of repairs, had to be partially shut on July 24 this year for another round of rehabilitation works. The repair expected to last six months was extended by one month due to the recent #EndSARS protests in Lagos extending the completion date from January 2021 to February 2021.

otunba victor profile picture scaled
Rtn. Victor Ojelabi

Ojelabi, the publisher of Freelanews, is an award winning and professionally trained mass communicator and a recipient of the D9112 Superstar Icon Award, who writes ruthlessly about pop culture, religion, politics and entertainment.

Also read

  • Yoruba leaders demand removal of Sunday Igboho from wanted list
  • Ministry of Education probes alleged student loan fraud, calls out vice-chancellors,MD of NELFund

Related Posts

20240303 154117 jpg
General

BREAKING: FCT residents loot NEMA warehouse over economic hardship

by Quadri Olaitan
March 4, 2024
LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 12: Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaks at the vote declaration for his Uxbridge and South Ruislip constituency on December 12, 2019 in Uxbridge, England. Exit polls predicted the Prime Minister, who has held the Uxbridge and South Ruislip seat since 2015, will emerge from this general election with a governing majority, his aim when he called the first UK winter election for nearly a century. Election results from across the country are being counted overnight and an overall result is expected in the early hours of Friday morning. (Photo by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images)
General

‘Do you jog mate?’ Britain orders total lockdown, but…

by Freelanews
March 23, 2020
Rickey Tarfa 1
General

‘Flagged!’ US trails allegedly corrupt Nigerian lawyer over fraudulent activities

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
September 25, 2020
APC scaled 600x375 1
General

‘Staying at the centre’ APC vows to remain in power for next 34 years

by Freelanews
March 24, 2021
WhatsApp Image 2022 02 03 at 8.45.45 PM
General

‘At my direction’ US special troops take out ISIS leader in raid

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
February 3, 2022

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Manx Grand Prix

Manx Grand Prix rider dies in tragic qualifying crash

August 19, 2026
FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Manx Grand Prix

Manx Grand Prix rider dies in tragic qualifying crash

August 19, 2026
FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Ogogo

    BREAKING: Nollywood actor Ogogo seriously ill with stage 4 cancer (VIDEO)

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kemta Ogboni house sealed amid Yayi dispute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Primate Ayodele warns Tinubu of 2027 defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Manx Grand Prix

Manx Grand Prix rider dies in tragic qualifying crash

August 19, 2026
FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
Oluremi

Oluremi Tinubu launches food bank programme in Ogun

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.