• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

‘Stop lying, Garbage!’ Buhari aide says his account on kidnapping needs verification, Nigerians react

Freelanews by Freelanews
December 14, 2020
in General
0 0
0
quotes 7
thenacre-campaign

As the aides of the Nigerian president rushed to defend the state of insecurity in the country and vilify perceived those ‘making the government looks bad’, the tendency to err continues to climb.

Recall that Freelanews reported that Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari, disagreed with Katsina State Governor, Bello Masari, over the number of boys abducted from Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State.

The journalist turned politician stated that only 10 of the abducted students were still in captivity as against the governor’s claim of 333.

In a news bulletin on Sunday, BBC quoted the president’s aide who claimed that the government had already surrounded the bandits and the remaining ten students will soon rejoin their families.

“The Government of Nigeria has said its security forces have surrounded the location where gunmen have kept schoolchildren abducted from a secondary school in Katsina State.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

“Spokesman for the President, Mallam Garba Shehu told the BBC only ten children were remaining in the hands of the gunmen according to their colleagues who escaped from the gunmen.

“The number is below figures released by school authorities at the beginning. Garba Shehu said the school children who escaped said 10 of their friends were still with their abductors,” it submitted.

After backlash from Nigerians, Garba took to his micro-blogging handle on Twitter to explain further what he really meant. He wrote:

“Some of the returning students debriefed by the military disclosed that 10 of their colleagues were taken by the bandits. As I said to the BBC, that still needed to be verified.

“Of course this is different from saying that all the others had been been accounted for. The forests and neighboring villages are being searched and parents are being contacted for information about their children.”

Some of the returning students debriefed by the military disclosed that 10 of their colleagues were taken by the bandits. As I said to the BBC, that still needed to be verified.

— Garba Shehu (@GarShehu) December 14, 2020

adron lemon friday

Of course this is different from saying that all the others had been been accounted for. The forests and neighboring villages are being searched and parents are being contacted for information about their children.

— Garba Shehu (@GarShehu) December 14, 2020

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Instead of pacifying Nigerians, his tweets seemed to have incensed the already tired citizens of the country as all manners of insults were hauled at the spokesman. Some called him a liar while others wished for the speedy end to bad governance which he serves.

GARBAge SHEHU stop lying to the World!
When did the Military debrief the RETURNING STUDENTS—in that hot Night when no one could even Account for himself? 😠

The School Registrar said about 668 students are missing AND YET BUHARI is in Daura meeting with Cattles. TELL THE TRUTH! pic.twitter.com/u4exauIOiH

— David Eme (@E_David_O91) December 14, 2020

No Sir, Nigerian Army rescues all the 600 students. They were kidnapped because they didn’t get “Military Clearance” before going to school. Sai Baba!

— Abdul-Aziz Na’ibi Abubakar (@jrnaib2) December 14, 2020

BBC Hausa reported that one of the escapes noted an headcount of 520 but you’re here saying only 10 were taken while parents are aggrieved about their children’s location without any means of seeing anyone but your best action is lying

Time is the greatest enemy of lies

— Arakunrín (@Arakunrin_MFR) December 14, 2020

Mr. Garba Sir, there are no bandits in Nigeria. What we have are TERRORISTS. You people must not “funkynise” a name for known terrorists. Its either Fulani militia (herdsmen) or terrorists be it Boko haram or Iswap. They are all terrorists. Thank you sir.

— Ceasar (@keljykz2) December 14, 2020

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Also read

  • Terrorists hold Zamfara man despite collecting ₦2.5m ransom
  • Kaduna Police arrest six suspected kidnappers, raid hideout

Related Posts

gov ortom
General

‘Faithful!’ I have no intention to dump PDP for APC, Gov Ortom says

by Freelanews
August 10, 2021
iPhone 16 launch event
General

Apple to unveil iPhone 16 and Apple intelligence at launch event

by Quadri Olaitan
September 9, 2024
Beautiful photos from Mr Macaroni white wedding Kemi Filani blog 1 scaled
General

‘It’s a campaign’ Mr. Macaroni reveals story behind wedding shoot

by Freelanews
May 3, 2022
#image_title
General

IGP applauds woman police fighter, Juliet Ukah, for emerging African MMA champion

by Freelanews
April 28, 2023
obasa scaled
General

‘A huge loss’ Obasa mourns late speaker, Afuye

by Quadri Olaitan
October 23, 2022

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • NDLEA

    NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ms Jorji: “Poco Lee tried to rape my girlfriend and i”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
Fadahunsi

Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.