• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

‘Royal compliance’ Ooni shuts palace against COVID-19, preaches self-isolation

Freelanews by Freelanews
March 26, 2020
in General
0 0
0
maxresdefault 3
thenacre-campaign

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi Ojaja II has Thursday banned socio-cultural activities at his Ile-Oodua palace.

This is as the monarch implored Nigerians to stay at home and obey all principles laid down by Federal and State Governments in a bid to curb the spread of the global Coronavirus pandemic.

In a statement issued by Palace Director of Media and Public Affairs, Moses Olafare, Oba Adeyeye said movement in the palace should be restricted immediately except visitors with an essential mission.

He also advised residents, especially those in local communities to engage in frequent hand washing exercise with clean water and soap as well as the use of nose mask while coughing and sneezing.

“Like we’ve been implored to restrict our movements only to core places in order to prevent the spread of this deadly virus. Let us abide by these simple rules and principles for our own good, the government and its officials are not trying to usurp our freedom to move around as enshrined in the constitution but only working so hard to protect us.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

“It is on this note and in the interest of all that His Majesty, the Ooni has directed all daily cultural and social activities at the palace be indefinitely shut down. Only those with essential services will be allowed into the Ooni’s palace and they must observe the necessary precautionary measures already provided at the entrance gate and within.

“It is equally important to call on our people who have just returned from any of the coronavirus infected countries to observe the self-isolation procedure as recommended by experts and also visit the nearest accredited health facilities nationwide for prompt medical assistance in case of any suspicion or challenges.

“As it stands, Coronavirus has no publicly announced cure worldwide but we can help ourselves and others to prevent it by observing the measures mentioned above. By the grace of the Almighty Olodumare, it is well with Nigeria, it is well with the whole world”, the statement reads.

Meanwhile, the Osun State Government says the first and only confirmed case of Coronavirus in the State is in stable condition and responding positively to treatment.

The government said the State medical personnel have been handling and managing the case professionally and that no severe symptoms had been traced to the patient.

Deputy Governor, Mr Benedict Alabi, disclosed this on Thursday shortly after the meeting of the State Government Technical Committee on COVID-19, at the State Specialist Hospital, Asubiaro, Osogbo.

adron lemon friday

He noted that the patient has been helping in easing the job of the medical personnel as he personally surrendered himself for treatment even before his health status was confirmed.

The deputy governor said the government had gathered useful information that would assist in contract tracing of persons that might have come in contact with the confirmed case.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

According to him, the state government had stepped up its guiding principles and control measures to curb the spread of the disease. He added that health workers have been put on their toes for optimum performance at the present critical moment.

Alabi further said the government had equipped and strengthened the capacity of the Isolation Centre at the State Specialist Hospital, to handle suspected or confirmed cases of coronavirus.

“Yesterday Mr Governor announced the confirmation of an index case of the Coronavirus and to this end, we have begun to be more proactive in combating the menace.

“We are working round the clock to strengthen our protocol and ensure that our guiding principles are tailored towards achieving the set objectives.

“On the confirmed case, no doubt the patient is responding to treatment and he is in stable condition. We have done the needful. He has been isolated to a place where adequate treatment will be given to avoid the escalation of the disease”, the Deputy Governor stressed.

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Also read

  • APC moves to fill 11 legislative seats across five states
  • Gumi says public money can support marriages under shariah

Related Posts

Nigerians return home from Sudan
General

140 Nigerians return home from Sudan after months of stranding, thanks to IOM support

by Quadri Olaitan
March 7, 2025
Davido hints at ending Imade’s custody dispute after Momodu’s reference to Ifeanyi’s death
General

Davido hints at ending Imade’s custody dispute after Momodu’s reference to Ifeanyi’s death

by Quadri Olaitan
July 6, 2024
tinubu baba
General

Fasoranti had no blemish in public career — Tinubu

by Freelanews
May 15, 2020
WhatsApp Image 2022 04 03 at 8.05.24 PM
General

‘A role model’ Dr. Tunde Diya extols father, former Chief of Staff, General Donaldson Oladipupo Diya at 78

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
April 4, 2022
General

Lockdown relaxation depends on Lagos, says Ogun

by Freelanews
May 7, 2020

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • NDLEA

    NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ms Jorji: “Poco Lee tried to rape my girlfriend and i”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Canada probe exposes alleged fake Nigerian doctor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
Fadahunsi

Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.