Lagos State Government investigates ambulance incident at 11th Access Bank Lagos City Marathon as injured female spectator remains stable in hospital
The Lagos State Government has launched an investigation into an incident involving an ambulance near the finishing line of the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon on Saturday.
Also read: Access Bank Lagos City Marathon 2025: A tribute to legacy, a celebration of resilience
According to an official statement, the ambulance, which was part of the event’s medical emergency response team, came into contact with a female non-athlete within the event arena while transporting athletes who had earlier required medical attention.
Event officials immediately alerted the ambulance crew to stop after noticing the situation. The emergency medical team promptly assessed the affected individual at the scene before transferring her to a public health facility for further evaluation.
Authorities said the woman sustained bruises and complained of chest pains but was stabilised at the scene.
Her vital signs were reported to be stable before she was moved to the hospital, where she is currently receiving medical care and responding positively to treatment.
The Lagos State Ministry of Health and the Lagos State Sports Commission are monitoring her condition, with senior government officials said to have visited the hospital.
“The patient is stable and under close professional supervision,” the statement noted.
The government added that a thorough investigation is underway to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Also read: Traffic Advisory: Road closures for Access Bank Lagos City Marathon
The annual marathon, one of Africa’s leading road races, attracts thousands of athletes and spectators, with comprehensive medical and security arrangements typically deployed to manage emergencies along the route.






















