• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

‘Corosettled?’ Ganduje makes u-turn, says Buhari intervention will curb spread in Kano

Freelanews by Freelanews
April 28, 2020
in General
0 0
0
377da315 abdullahi umar ganduje kano state governor
thenacre-campaign

Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje has commended the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) for measures taken to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic in the state.

The PUNCH had reported that Ganduje had accused the Federal Government of abandoning the state to its fate in the response to the pandemic.

But the state Commissioner for Information, Muhammad Garba, in a statement on Tuesday, said his principal appreciated the two-week lockdown order pronounced by the President on the state during his address on Monday.

Buhari had announced that a team of experts had been deployed to Kano to address the growing “unusual deaths” and spread of the virus.

The commissioner said the measures coupled with the efforts of the state government would help mitigate the rising cases of coronavirus in the state.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

He said, ‘’With the ongoing comprehensive investigation on the pandemic in the state, the deployment of additional federal government manpower, material and technical resources as announced by the president to strengthen and support the state government’s efforts would equally help in extenuating the pandemic.’’

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
adron lemon friday

He said while the test centres being managed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control in collaboration with the state government were now fully operational, the state government has plans to expand testing centres as part of its response to curb the spread of the infection.

He urged the people of the state to comply with the lockdown order of the President, maintain social distancing and good hygiene practices.

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Also read

  • APC moves to fill 11 legislative seats across five states
  • Gumi says public money can support marriages under shariah

Related Posts

Elon Musk scaled
General

‘Until shareholder’s meeting’ Elon Musk set to join Twitter’s board of directors

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
April 5, 2022
Chris Ngige 1
General

‘Even with limited resources’ Buhari given Nigerians critical infrastructure than previous govt, Ngige claims

by Freelanews
March 10, 2021
Screenshot 2022 05 24 at 20 17 49 Tekashi 6ix9ine Claps Back At Fat Joe Hes Miserable Wants To Die Media Take Out
General

‘He’s miserable’ Tekashi 6ix9ine claps back at Fat Joe, says artiste wants to die

by Freelanews
May 24, 2022
5f988240c463d
General

‘Sad’ Fraud charges against Tinubu, Alpha Beta burnt in Igbosere court, lawyer alleges

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
October 28, 2020
img 20160115 070624
General

Chibok girls’ mothers pen emotional letter, seek release of abducted daughters

by Freelanews
March 9, 2020

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • NDLEA

    NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ms Jorji: “Poco Lee tried to rape my girlfriend and i”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
Fadahunsi

Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.