• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

‘National Cash Transfer Programme’ FG reveals two million Nigerians will begin to earn N20 billion monthly starting from June

Rtn. Victor Ojelabi by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
April 4, 2022
in General
0 0
0
Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq scaled
thenacre-campaign
Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1
adron lemon friday

Two million Nigerians will begin to receive about N20 billion from June this year as basic cash transfers and conditional cash transfers under the National Cash Transfer Programme, the Federal Government has said.

The two million people will be paid N5,000 each under the basic cash transfer and an additional N5,000 under the conditional cash transfer.

A March 2022 document on the strategic roadmap and activities of the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, showed that the number of people receiving cash transfers from the government had been increasing.

The report stated that in 2018, a total of 19 states were covered under the National Cash Transfer Programme, as this increased to 24 states in 2019 and moved up to 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory in 2022, covering 1.6 million people.

But the Minister, Sadiya Farouq, stated in the document that the number would increase further in June. Under the cash transfer scheme, the Federal Government supports poor and vulnerable households with cash on a monthly basis.

“By June 2022 we would be paying two million people N5,000 basic cash transfer and an additional N5,000 on conditional cash transfers, which is conditioned on good health-seeking/behaviour, school retention, and good water and hygiene conditions in their environment/homes,” Farouq stated.

Farouq explained that the ministry designed and piloted a shock-responsive social register, called the Rapid Response Register to capture urban poor informal workers, who were daily wage earners, working across towns and cities, and impacted by the COVID-19 lockdown.

The minister said, “To date, of this one million targeted by the government, we have been able to pay the sum of N5000 to 850,000 beneficiaries digitally through the Nigeria Inter-bank Settlement System, where each account is carefully validated by the system before payment.

“150,000 will be paid by the end of April 2022. Each of these beneficiaries is receiving six months of support in cash.”

Under the National Social Register, the ministry stated that 46 million persons in the 36 states and FCT, in 11 million households, had been registered as of 2022.

The ministry stated that the N-Power volunteer scheme provided temporary job opportunities for 498,602 graduates under Batches A and B, while 450,000 graduates under Batch C Stream 1 were also engaged.

It added that 390,000 others were being onboarded for Batch C Stream 2, and that there was presidential approval to enroll additional one million beneficiaries.

It further stated in the document that 174 of the 1,850 mobile agents trained, kitted, and registered with the Central Bank of Nigeria – Shared Agents Network Expansion Facility for agency banking achieved a transaction volume of over N657m between January 1 and March 25, 2022.

“The top 10 mobile money agents executed transactions totaling N300,095,545.06 and earned N1,852,499.00 between January and March 25, 2022,” the ministry stated.

The report indicated that 9.8 million pupils were being fed daily under the National Home-Grown School Feeding Programme, while 127,000 cooks had been engaged and 98 aggregators were supplying various protein products.

The school feeding programme is one of the four clusters of the National Social Investment Programme which seeks to provide one free daily meal to pupils on the programme.

The NHGSFP is designed as a collaboration between the Federal Government and state governments. The Federal Government is responsible for the release of funds, guidelines, policies, and monitoring.

The state carries out the day-to-day implementation including procurement of food items, and selection of cooks and vendors who prepare, cook, and serve the meals to the pupils.

otunba victor profile picture scaled
Rtn. Victor Ojelabi

Ojelabi, the publisher of Freelanews, is an award winning and professionally trained mass communicator and a recipient of the D9112 Superstar Icon Award, who writes ruthlessly about pop culture, religion, politics and entertainment.

Also read

  • Gumi says public money can support marriages under shariah
  • Sokoto Police rescue 10-year-old boy, arrest suspect

Related Posts

2791393747c89dcc68eb80f66020634c0c kim jong un health.rsquare.w1200
General

‘Is Kim Jong Un ok?’ Uncertainty over North Korea leader health worrisome

by Freelanews
April 23, 2020
Gov. Kayode Fayemi 558x367 1
General

‘Minimum wage’ Ekiti workers threaten to down tools

by Freelanews
December 30, 2020
Freelanews-
General

‘He deserves pity’ Ogun APC drags Amosun over comment on governor

by Freelanews
August 6, 2022
132612212 gettyimages 88688373jpg
General

Michael Jackson: Stake in catalogue sells for $600m

by Quadri Olaitan
February 12, 2024
Flaunting My Wealth Inspires Peopleu2019 Davido Says
General

‘Keeps winning’ Davido Fall hits 180mln views

by Freelanews
September 7, 2020

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Ogogo

    BREAKING: Nollywood actor Ogogo seriously ill with stage 4 cancer (VIDEO)

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kemta Ogboni house sealed amid Yayi dispute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Primate Ayodele warns Tinubu of 2027 defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Canada probe exposes alleged fake Nigerian doctor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA arrests 80, clears 16 drug joints in Kano

August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.