• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News Crime

Man arrested after paralyzed woman found chained in his basement

Peculiar Adirika by Peculiar Adirika
July 3, 2025
in Crime
0 0
0
paralyzed woman found chained
thenacre-campaign

Paralyzed woman found chained in a basement during a police search after officers responded to a tip. The suspect begged them to turn off their cameras

[dropcap]A[/dropcap] paralyzed woman found chained in a basement was the shocking discovery made by police after responding to a disturbing complaint at a private residence.

Also read: 19 kidnapped victims, including 8 WASSCE students, rescued in Rivers State

Officers on the scene were met with resistance from a man who begged them to shut off their cameras and leave immediately.

The incident occurred after police received a disturbing report about a possible kidnapping involving a white woman in a black coat who was last seen entering the suspect’s home.

According to the complaint, the caller believed the woman was injured and being held in the basement.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

Bodycam footage and audio reveal a tense exchange between the man and responding officers.

“Bro, y’all can’t be here like this,” the man said as he stepped outside to meet the officers. “Turn those cameras off, please. You guys are making my spot hot. I work for you guys, okay?”

When officers asked who he worked for, the man refused to answer, saying, “I can’t tell you that… I’m not allowed to tell you that.”

As police attempted to get clarity on the situation, he became visibly agitated, urging them to leave the property.

“Y’all gotta go. There ain’t nobody tied up in the basement,” he insisted.

Despite his protests, the officers persisted, citing the urgency of the tip.

According to one officer at the scene, suspicious sounds were heard inside the house, including what was described as something being “slid” across the floor when the man moved from one room to another.

Eventually, officers entered the home and conducted a search of the premises. In the basement, they made a harrowing discovery: an elderly woman, later identified as 66-year-old Carol Cyrus, was found alive but in distress.

Bodycam audio captures the moment officers located her.

“How’d you get through?” one officer asked.

“I’m paralyzed,” the woman replied.

“Are you injured besides that?”

“I’m paralyzed,” she repeated.

When asked her name, she answered, “Carol Cyrus.”

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Authorities confirmed that the woman had been restrained and left without proper care. Though she was conscious and communicative, her condition required immediate medical attention.

Emergency services transported Cyrus to a local hospital where she is currently receiving treatment.

Details about the extent and cause of her paralysis have not been disclosed, but investigators have ruled her state as non-voluntary and part of a broader criminal case.

The man at the residence was taken into custody at the scene.

adron lemon friday

His identity has not yet been officially released, but law enforcement sources say he is expected to face multiple charges, including unlawful imprisonment, obstruction of justice, and potentially abuse of a vulnerable adult.

“This was a difficult and disturbing case,” said one police sergeant involved in the rescue. “Had we not followed up, the outcome could have been tragically different.”

Authorities are continuing their investigation into the suspect’s background, including his claim that he “works for” law enforcement or another agency — a statement which officials say does not appear to be supported by any current employment records.

Neighbours and community members have since expressed shock over the discovery. Many say they rarely saw activity at the residence and had no idea anyone was inside.

Also read: 19 kidnapped victims, including 8 WASSCE students, rescued in Rivers State

Police have urged the public to continue reporting suspicious activity and emphasised the importance of body cameras in protecting both citizens and officers during such encounters.

https://freelanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/07/ssstwitter.com_1751530989328.mp4
https://freelanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/07/ssstwitter.com_1751529548965.mp4

Source: Read more at tvcnews.tv

Peculiar Adirika
Peculiar Adirika

Peculiar Adirika is a journalist and contributor to Freelanews.com, covering news, business, and public affairs.

Related Posts

6023fcdbeee9f 1
Crime

‘At last!’ Abducted NTA reporter regains freedom

by Freelanews
February 15, 2021
Six in Police net for different crimes in Enugu 696x493 1
Crime

Enugu police arrest six ‘one chance’ robbery suspects , others

by Quadri Olaitan
April 23, 2024
Untitled 1 3
Crime

‘Hit by stray bullets’ Two police officers in trouble over slained 16yr old girl

by Freelanews
May 29, 2020
The baby
Crime

Baby found alive on mum’s back 24hrs after bandits shot her dead

by Freelanews
July 3, 2023
screenshot 2022 11 29 at 07 32 28 8464126753 872fb308df o.webp (webp image 760 × 578 pixels)
Crime

‘They lured her’ Ondo students allegedly gang-rape SS1 female student during school hours

by Oreoluwa Ojelabi
November 29, 2022

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • NDLEA

    NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ms Jorji: “Poco Lee tried to rape my girlfriend and i”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Jubril

Jubril Tinubu urges stronger governance for African firms

August 19, 2026
Nigeria

Nigeria urges South Africa to end afrophobic attacks

August 19, 2026
Ghana

Ghana remands Nigerian over alleged bank robbery plot

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke unveils ₦500m fund, scholarships for Osun election victims

August 19, 2026
Fadahunsi

Fadahunsi apologises for controversial palace remarks, denies call for violence

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.