• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News General

We are tired of excuses – Northern elders, PDP blast Buhari, governors over insecurity

Freelanews by Freelanews
June 15, 2020
in General
0 0
0
muhammed buhari 1140x570 1
thenacre-campaign

Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has again come under fire from his top critic the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Northern Elders Forum (NEF).

This time, the nation’s major opposition party and the northern elders on Sunday, June 14, blasted the Buhari-led administration over the increased insecurity across the country especially the North.

According to The Nation, Prof Ango Abdullahi-led group on NEF lamented that the northern region had been pushed to the wall in addition to the fact that the people were now at the mercy of armed gangs who are wreaking havoc in their towns and villages at will.

The elders in a statement signed by Abdullahi said the Buhari-led administration and northern governors had failed woefully in the provision of security and welfare for the people.

NEF went on to note that northerners have never experienced this level of exposure to criminals who attack, kill, kidnap, burn villages among others while the president issues threats and promises that have no effect.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

The group while noting that enough is enough called on the federal government and northern governors to improve the security in the north immediately.

The statement reads in part: “It would appear that the administration of President Buhari and governors have lost control over the imperatives of protecting people of the North, a Constitutional duty they swore to uphold.

“The situation is getting worse literally by the day. Bandits and insurgents appear to sense a huge vacuum in political will and capacity which they exploit with disastrous consequences on communities and individuals.

“We remind President Buhari that provision of security and pursuit of economic welfare of citizens are the only two constitutional responsibilities of the state which all leaders must achieve.

We are tired of excuses and verbal threats that criminals laugh at, and our fellow citizens see as a clear failure of leadership which they see as part of them. Enough is enough.”

The PDP on its part said the inability of the current administration to contain the killings was not acceptable.

The opposition party in a statement by its spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan, said the states worst hit by the security situation in the country are Katsina, Sokoto, Zamfara, Borno, Kaduna, Kogi, and Taraba.

The party while noting that it was greatly hurt by the anguish and cruelty Nigerians were facing challenged the Nigerian government to tighten security and secure the country.

He said: “Our party holds that the situation where marauders and insurgents, who had been pushed to the fringes by the PDP administration, had resurged under the APC (All Progressives Congrss} to the extent of occupying territories, ravaging communities and killing our citizens with reckless abandon, raises a lot of questions.”

Earlier, we reported that President Buhari blamed the recent killings in Borno and Katsina states on the current coronavirus lockdown across the country.

adron lemon friday

The Nigerian leader made this assertion during his national broadcast on Friday, June 12 on the occasion of Nigeria’s 21st anniversary of a return to civilian rule.

The president, who expressed regret at the attacks, described the loss of several lives in the attacks as tragic. He also assured that the security agencies will bring the attackers to justice.

In a related development, at least 50 persons were feared dead following a fresh attack on Kadisau town in Faskari local government area of Katsina state.

No fewer than hundreds of residents of Yan Tumaki in Danmusa local government area of Katsina state on Tuesday, June 9, took to the streets of the town to protest repeated attacks by bandits on the community.

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

The protesters, comprised grown-up men and children, blamed President Muhammadu Buhari and Governor Aminu Wasari for the spate of insecurity in the state.

According to the report, one of the protesters said residents of the area now lived in fear as security agencies in the state appear helpless. He said the people might resort to self-defence, noting that such a move may further worsen the security challenges in the country.

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Also read

  • MFM choir returns home after winning World Choir Games title
  • Dear Kaffy set for landmark London premiere

Related Posts

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigerian president with Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Ogun East senator Local Government Autonomy
General

Senator Daniel congratulates Tinubu over landmark Supreme Court’s verdict on LG autonomy

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
July 11, 2024
images 5 jpeg
General

Bisola Badmus fights brain illness

by Reni
December 5, 2023
oduduwa
General

‘Struggle continues!’ Yoruba nation agitators speak after clash with police

by Freelanews
July 3, 2021
Medical Personnel
General

Japa: Nigeria lost 16,000 doctors in five years – Minister

by Quadri Olaitan
March 11, 2024
Uche Elendu
General

‘Improper landing’ Nollywood actress, Uche Elendu, narrates life endangering encounter with Arik Air

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
January 12, 2022

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Ogogo

    BREAKING: Nollywood actor Ogogo seriously ill with stage 4 cancer (VIDEO)

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kemta Ogboni house sealed amid Yayi dispute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Primate Ayodele warns Tinubu of 2027 defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Canada probe exposes alleged fake Nigerian doctor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

ADC

ADC criticises Tinubu over rising food inflation

August 18, 2026
APC

JUST IN: 700 APC members defect to ADC in Sokoto

August 18, 2026
Rodri

Rodri joins Barcelona in €76.5m City move

August 18, 2026
Tinubu

NANS urges Tinubu to release Osun’s ₦200bn funds

August 18, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA arrests 80, clears 16 drug joints in Kano

August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.