• About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Sitemap
Freelanews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Freelanews
No Result
View All Result
Home News Crime

WWIII: Unidentified aircraft shells Iran, Iraq border killing 8 terrorists

Freelanews by Freelanews
January 10, 2020
in Crime
0 0
0
Syria world war 3 middle east iran news 2251318
thenacre-campaign

The eight victims were allegedly apart of the Hashed al-Shaabi paramilitary force, which supports Iran. Although the deaths of the militiamen have been confirmed, the identity of the aircraft has not.

According to Rami Abdel Rahman, head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the attack hit “arms depots in the Boukmal area”.

He added: “Unidentified aircraft targeted vehicles and arms depots in the Boukamal area, causing a large explosion.

“At least eight Iraqi Hashed fighters were killed.”

There has been no confirmation of the attack from either the Iraqi or Syrian governments.

Perfect-Aesthetic-social-1

Deir ez-Zur, is an important eastern outpost in the country and last year was taken over by Syrian Democratic Forces.

Following a two-year campaign, the pro-government forces removed ISIS from the city in March 2019.

Although no link has been established with the US military, Washington conducted airstrikes in Iraq and Syria on five facilities on December 29.

The airstrike reportedly killed 25 people from the Popular Mobilization Units, a Tehran-backed Shiite militia.

US officials confirmed the attack was in response to numerous acts of aggression from Shia militia group, Kataib Hezbollah.

The group had previously launched a strike on a US military base near Iraq’s military base, near to the northern city of Kirkuk, killing one man.

Nawres Waleed Hamid worked as a US military contractor before being killed on December 27.

The attack from the pro-Iran group has since escalated tensions in the region, including the east of Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani.

Following the death of the commander who led the elite Quds Force, Iran responded by firing a series of missiles at two US bases in Irbil and Al Asad, west of Baghdad.

The missiles did not cause any casualties, although Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei called it a “slap in the face” of the US.

Echoing Khamenei, the President of Iran, Hassan Rouhani, said the aim of the Islamic Republic was to “kick all US forces out of the region”.

In the immediate aftermath, Donald Trump has claimed Iran seemed to be “standing down” from its attacks.

Iran missile sites

Odun Ifa 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Iran missile sites (Image: Express)

 

adron lemon friday

In an attempt to de-escalate tensions, Trump proclaimed from the White Hosue that Iran was key to achieving the goal of peace in the region.

Although he called on the Islamic Republic to stop its de-stabilising nature in the Middle East, he said the US wanted the country to have a bright future.

Trump added: “We should work together on this and other shared priorities.

“To the people and leaders of Iran, we want you to have a future, and a great future, one that you deserve, of prosperity and harmony.”

Moreover, Trump also called for NATO to take a leading role in the Middle East following the recent series of events.

He also demanded the UK, Germany, France, China, and Russia to ditch the 2015 nuclear deal.

He said: “The very defective JCPOA expires shortly anyway and gives Iran a clear and quick path to nuclear breakout.

“Iran must abandon its nuclear ambitions and end its support for terrorism.

“The time has come for the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Russia and China to recognise this reality.

“They must now break away from the remnants of the Iran deal – or JCPOA – and we must all work together towards making a deal with Iran that makes the world a safer and more peaceful place.”

freelanews
Freelanews

Freelanews is the editorial byline of Freelanews.com, used for staff reports, news updates, press releases, and collaborative stories produced by the Freelanews Editorial Team.

Also read

  • NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer
  • NDLEA arrests 80, clears 16 drug joints in Kano

Related Posts

gunman gunmen
Crime

‘Insecurity’ Three dead as gunmen run rampage in Oyo

by Freelanews
June 2, 2020
Murtala Nyako scaled
Crime

‘Detained!’ Former governor aide, ex-ACP, arrested in connection with suspected fraudulent N80 million land sale

by Freelanews
November 6, 2021
Lotus Bank fraud scandal
Crime

Nigerians knock Lotus after bank confirms stealing customer’s N20mln

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
May 23, 2023
EFCC Investigates Travelers
Crime

EFCC arrests 28 suspects in Ilorin cybercrime raid

by Quadri Olaitan
September 24, 2025
Dapo Abiodun and vandalised DATKEM Plaza
Crime

DATKEM Plaza destruction: Idowu James, other Ogun State officials face potential imprisonment over contempt

by Rtn. Victor Ojelabi
September 16, 2023

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Tiktok Community

You're not logged into Tiktok, please login here
UBA bank ad UBA bank ad UBA bank ad

Recent News

Manx Grand Prix

Manx Grand Prix rider dies in tragic qualifying crash

August 19, 2026
FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
N250k signature

Abiodun vs Amosun: N250k signature plot deepens Ogun political crisis ahead Tinubu visit

April 3, 2026
Omoge Saida

Omoge Saida sparks Nigerian social media over leaked video

October 28, 2025
james akaie

Nollywood SFX makeup artist James Akaie allegedly dies after explosion on Abeokuta movie set

January 13, 2026
Political persecution in Ogun State

Political persecution in Ogun State: Abiodun moves against Otunba Gbenga Daniel with demolition threats again

August 9, 2025
amoke

‘Meals by Amoke’ We serve traditional dishes in a modern way, Bukoye Fasola reveals

19
Image 2024 03 26 at 120645 AM jpeg

Charles Inojie, Ali Nuhu call on communities to #MakeWeHalla against domestic violence

11
Meran Primary Health Centre Lagos father Meran hospital

Lagos father shares heartbreaking experience at Meran Primary Health Centre (Photos)

4
fls2

‘Disarticulated system’ Gov’t confused about Nigerian education, expert laments

3
Manx Grand Prix

Manx Grand Prix rider dies in tragic qualifying crash

August 19, 2026
FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
August 2026
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Jul    
Freelanews

Freelanews is a Nigerian digital news platform that delivers timely, credible, and engaging stories across politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, and the creative industry, with a strong focus on promoting innovation, integrity, and inclusivity in storytelling.

Today’s Popular

  • Ogogo

    BREAKING: Nollywood actor Ogogo seriously ill with stage 4 cancer (VIDEO)

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Kemta Ogboni house sealed amid Yayi dispute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Primate Ayodele warns Tinubu of 2027 defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Just Published!

Manx Grand Prix

Manx Grand Prix rider dies in tragic qualifying crash

August 19, 2026
FCCPC

FCCPC probes Nigeria’s rising cement prices

August 19, 2026
Dangote

Dangote Refinery secures $1bn IPO backing

August 19, 2026
NDLEA

NDLEA busts N39bn cocaine cartel, arrests luxury dealer

August 19, 2026
Oluremi

Oluremi Tinubu launches food bank programme in Ogun

August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Charter
  • Corrections Policy
  • Advertisement

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Brands
  • Banking
  • Opinion
  • Interview
  • Entertainment
  • Podcast
    • Àtẹ́lẹwọ́
  • Sports
  • Events

© 2026 Freelanews | by Iretura.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.